8.28.2004

New Student Orientation

I was tempted to title this 'New Student Borientation' cause I thought that'd be funny, but it really wasn't that boring, so it'd be inappropriate. Becca and I were at the seminary from 8:45 to 12:30 today along with all the other new students and their spouses. For students who happened to be single, spouses were provided. As well, the staff and faculty were present, so I got to eat lunch (pizza!) with Paul Wegner, and throw my plate away next to Wayne Grudem. Pretty neat. Anyways, we got to meet a lot of really awesome people, I'll now know a couple of people in class, and it felt really great to be able to set down all my stuff I'd collected during the orientation time in my very own cubicle, with my very own nameplate on the wall. I can see why the seminary has been voted the number one Christian work environment the last two years, cause seriously everyone there really loves the Lord, and really loves one another. I can't wait to get started working Monday, and to start classes that evening.

Anyways, it sounds like I passed my Greek exam last week, though I haven't seen the official grade or anything, which means the courses I took during undergrad will replace the first year of Greek courses here. So, Monday night I have Greek Syntax & Exegesis with John DelHousaye; Tuesday night I have Principles for Biblical Interpretation with Fred Chay; and Wednesday night I have Living in God's Presence with Norm Wakefield-a class which Becca is going to take with me as a personal enrichment course.

Anyways, I gotta run for the moment--I'll try and start posting shorter, but more frequent blog entries. My goal is to be posting entries that just contain one letter, 120-150 times each day, but i'm not quite there yet.

1 comment:

joelman said...

Was Warren Rick there as well? Seriously, sounds like you're getting into the swing of things nicely, bro. I, myself, am having a wonderful time listening to bigwigs in the College of Technology scream their lungs out thinking that I can't hear them. They're making cracks and roaring like binging college frat boys next door to my office here, in 234 TECH. Things are swinging... like a swinging lightbulb, ready to smash into somebody's face and electrocute them into a coma. God bless.