8.24.2004

Good news...!

Well I finally have some news to share:

As of Monday, August 23, at about 11:30 AM I am the newest full-time employee of Phoenix Seminary! I start next Monday working as a Recruiter contacting potential students and working with area college ministries to help people discern if God is calling them to seminary, and if so if He is calling them to our seminary in particular. The job is an interesting combination of my work at Century & in 519, so I'm really starting to think God can take whatever experiences we have and use them to prepare us for something good He wants to do.

Basically, life is about to change a lot: I'll be at the seminary from 8:30 to 5 every day for work, then til 8 for class Monday and Wednesday, til 10 Tuesdays, and I won't be bored and feeling like a bum since I've been unemployed since May now. However, I have totally loved getting to spend so much quality time with my wife--how many people get to spend a summer together like we just did? It was such a blessing, and was much needed since we're about to see each other a lot less than we did when we worked together.

Let's see, in other news, we celebrated our 4th anniversary last thursday, and I simply cannot believe that we've been married that long. I've said it before, but it feels like we've been married only a few months, and at the same time that we've been married forever (the latter not in the sense of I find marriage interminable, but that I can't imagine what life was like when I wasn't getting to share it with Becca). We had a great day together (we've had a lot of great days together lately though), and Becca got a Seal CD (IV) which I have just become increasingly addicted to [it's on right now, in fact]. I decree that Seal and Sting must combine forces, and form Steal, or Sling, or something along those lines, and use their admirable musical abilities to thwart evil in the world. Or something like that.

I've got my Greek exam in about an hour here, if I pass it (which I had better) I get to skip out of the first year of Greek at seminary. I still will take just as many credits in Greek courses, but I'll get to take more classes focused on individual NT books instead of just the greek grammar courses. I am such a geek, I get excited about this stuff--Brian we need to figure out a way to use our blogs to make witty comments based on our extensive greek knowledge.

Well, I have to go study a little more before my test, I will try and blog a bit more often. Talk to you all soon!

No comments: