8.12.2004

What's up?

Well I actually got to work a little this week, which was kind of weird since I still don't know for sure if I have this job... Today was thoroughly exciting: I staffed a recruiting table for Phoenix Seminary at a Christian Marriage & Family Conference for 6 hours, and talked to (prepare yourself) maybe half a dozen people. Most of the time I spent reading the seminary catalog and a textbook on historical theology, and listening to this maddening, maddening music that was playing through the hotel sound system. For the few hours I was there yesterday afternoon, I was pretty involved in either conversations with Jeff or with the few other people who stopped by the booth; but today I was there on my own and just got to listen to the music which was on a 25 minute loop, repeating itself over, and over, and over. Ahhhhhhh!!!!

It's been kind of neat though, getting to share the story of how God drew me to this particular seminary with people. I am really looking forward to starting classes in a couple of weeks. After reading through the cataloge again today I was struck by the fact that I'd have to get three masters if I took all the classes that I want to take that they offer. I don't think I will do that, though. Even with the 94 credits that comprise my program in M.Div., I want to take every class that's offered, but you just have to focus. This semester I'm taking Principles for Biblical Interpretation, Intermediate Greek, and Living in God's Presence. Maybe I'll even post a syllabus or something so that you can all read along in all of your spare time. :)

Other than that, all I have to share with you right now is a funny anecdote: Becca & I were driving today, and I made some joke about mammon, which was of course hilarious, and she commented on how while it was funny that very few people would get it, as even among Christians a lot of people wouldn't know what the reference was to. Oh, never mind, it's too hard to explain. Wait, no, it's worth it, I'll take the time and explain the whole situation. So, we were driving, and I made this joke, and -- no, it will take to long. Here's the short version of it: Oh, forget it.

5 comments:

Brian said...

The HTML in your other blogs sections is all mangled.

Unknown said...

Is it still screwed up? I might have put an extra line in when i added the link to becca's blog. why would that mangle it? It looks fine on this end.

Brian said...

Looking at the source from my browser, it looks like there are extra <a> tags and the <li> tags next to my name are messed up.

Here's the code I see:
<ul>
<li><a href="http://beccarichards.blogspot.com/">Becca</a><a></a></li>
<a> <li></li></a><a href="http://bdell.blogspot.com/">Brian</a>
<li><a href="http://www.pseudobook.com/mikeblog/">Mike</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.wcnet.org/%7Emmanahan/joelhome/inthegarage.htm">Joel</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/tess_a_roo">Tess</a></li>
<li><a href="http://hollyboo.tblog.com/">Holly</a></li>
</ul>

Notice all the wierd stuff near the line for Becca. It's possible that stuff isn't really there in the template. It may be that firefox is trying to patch things up to help it parse it correctly, but that's a sign there's something wrong.

Unknown said...

i had a a/ in there instead of a /a so that was probably it. does it look right now?

Brian said...

Looks good.