9.22.2004

A couple of new traditions...

Well, I went to the first meeting of our Greek Club at the seminary this morning, we're meeting every wednesday from 7:30-8:45 to work our way through the greek text of Mark (cause it's the simplest greek in the bible) and it was awesome. Brian, you'd love this, I wish we'd started something like this in BG. You should commute out for wednesday mornings, then back each week to BG. Anyways, we only got through like 13 verses, but it was great going through so slowly and just really digging into it together, there was maybe 8 or 10 of us there, so it's not a threatening environment to make mistakes, introduce heretical translations, etc.,..

In other news, starting the friday after this one, all fridays will be renamed Battlestar Galactica Fridays, as my friend John got a copy of the series on DVD and we're going to watch an episode on our lunch break every friday. Fridays a lot more laid back at the seminary, though honestly it's pretty laid back all the time.

Anyways, that's enough for now, because i'm tired.




4 comments:

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian said...

13 verses!? Bah! I can read 13 verses with my eyes closed!

I suppose we could add it on to the heaping pile of things that we “should” have done, but never did.

Be sure you claim Mark is using the dual in various places and don’t forget to make frequent greek-english puns, like glossa!

Unknown said...

Idou, the Golden Age of Greek-English puns has passed. Really, do you think I could I ever top the (exapathtw vs. (exapatatw pun? I don't see how, it was milennia in the making, and passed by so quickly, barely making a ripple in the world of philology. Such a shame.

joelman said...

This is all just greek to me.